This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://americancrafts.typepad.com/. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
Summer is a busy time for our family. This summer daybook from the Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy collection is perfect for helping us check off our "to do list" and staying organized.
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370134) - Spiral Bound 52 Week Journal, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370108) - Washi Tape Book, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370109) Metal Rimmed Tags, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370091) - Accents & Phrases W/ Glossy Accents, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370096) - Plastic Glitter Bows, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370099) - Ephemera W/ Gold Foil, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370077) - Acetate Transparency Darling, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370087) - Accents & Phrases Foiled Chipboard, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370088) - Confetti Hearts Colorful Chipboard Thickers, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370089) - Woodland Gold Foiled Foam, #Summer (366963) - Journaling & Phrases, #Summer (366968) - Acrylic Shapes Ice Cream
1. Begin by choosing the products you would like to use in the album. I used the Fine & Dandy and #Summer collections. I started by getting everything ready and laying out my supplies before adhering them down. Adhere two strips of washi tape and then layer the title on top. Use a sewing machine to stitch the title.
2. Create a tab with washi tape on the "Today I Will" page and staple down. Lay out title before gluing down. Add stickers, acrylic camera shape, and phrase stamp to pages.
3. Next, I put together a page for summer birthdays. I thought the "currently Makes Me Happy" page and the calendar next to it was perfect for birthdays. Adhere chipboard pieces to page and staple down. Adhere a small envelop and tuck in a small metal rimmed tag.
4. Staple on a pair of acrylic sunglasses to the "Best Days Ever" page and stamp a phrase underneath. Adhere a square photo overlay to adjoining page. Decorate with chipboard and stickers.
5. Next, adhere a 4x6 photo overlay frame to "favorite books" page with a strip of washi tape. Adhere cherry wood veneer sticker piece. Staple typewriter ephemera piece to adjoining page. Tear a strip of washi and adhere underneath. Add cork sticker and star sticker to page.
6. Create a tab with washi tape and staple down on "Places I want to Travel to" page. Stamp phrase stamp just below title. Embellish by adding road trip wood veneer piece and acrylic sunglasses. Trim a piece of acetate transparency and adhere to adjoining page with washi tape. Use a sewing machine to stitch in place. Layer title and ephemera pieces.
7. Lastly, adhere ephemera to page then stamp page with phrase stamp. Adhere a small strip
of washi tape across the bottom of the page and staple down with mini stapler. Finish by adhering plastic bow.