Wednesday, June 8, 2011

pile on the layers summer days

Hello! Here again today to share a technique that is sure to add a playful punch to your layouts.
For the GCD studios newsletter this month, I wanted to create a fun playful layout that mimics my kids imaginative
and creative play at the park.

Summer Days at the park layout

I used the GCD studios Animal Crackers boys line on this layout.

To create the fun fluffy clouds in this layout, I first used a hand punch and punched them out of a 12x12 sheet
of pattern paper.
Then I coated them with a thin layer of glue.


Next, I sprinkled velvet flocking powder (made by Doodlebug design) on top and heated them up with a heat embossing gun.


Here is a closeup of the clouds
I added some foam tape behind two of them (the middle cloud and the cloud on top of the sun).

I really like the look, I think it makes them pop. I also handcut and pieced together the sun. I think it is so cheery and playful.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I love the sun and clouds! The flocking is perfect! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete