This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://americancrafts.typepad.com/. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
An altered frame is a great way to show off a favorite photo. This frame would be perfect to give as a gift or a keepsake.
Supplies: DIY Shop2 (369007) - Chalkboard Mason Jar, DIY Shop2 (369002) - Natural Burlap Pennant, DIY Shop2 (369005) - Large Chalkboard Clothespins, DIY Shop2 (369049) - Kraft W/ Chalkboard, DIY Shop2 (369051) - Glitter Stickers Gold Hearts, DIY Shop2 (369064) - Doilies White, DIY Shop2 (370059) - Printed Muslin Bags, DIYShop2 (368996) - Treat Bags w/ Gold Dots, Amy Tangerine Stitched (368980) - Cardstock Die Cut Shapes, Amy Tangerine Stitched (STCHTH-68966) - Today Accent Words/Black Foam, Heidi Swapp (HS370124) - Minc Foil Applicator & Starter Kit, Heidi Swapp (HSFOIL-69973) - Minc Reactive Foil Roll Gold, Heidi Swapp (HS70206) - Minc Jumbo Paper Alphabet, Heidi Swapp (HS370207) - MInc Die-Cut Jumbo Words, Heidi Swapp (HS370211) - Minc Binder Clips Gold, Heidi Swapp (HS30214) - Minc Jumbo Numbers, This To That (61754) - Double Sided Super Sticky Red Tape .5 In x 5yd, Other: Chicken Wire Frame
1. Arrange the Jumbo Alpha, Jumbo Numbers and Jumbo Words that you would like to use in a Minc Folder (included in starter kit) with a piece of gold reactive foil and run through the Minc Foil applicator machine.
2. Gather Supplies.
3. Run burlap banner pieces through a sewing machine and sew a straight stitch across the top each banner. Leave thread pieces long on the ends, trim off excess thread.
4. Pin stitched burlap pieces to top of frame. Adhere an ampersand, the word "love",
and a kraft/chalkboard tag with a gold heart sticker.
5. Use Super Sticky Red Tape to adhere mason jar tag to doily. Adhere heart gold glitter sticker on top.
6. Use sewing machine to stitch "Hello" die cut tag to treat bag. Adhere thicker "love" sticker to bottom of treat bag. Print a small black and white photo and adhere to top right hand side of treat bag.
7. Adhere Jumbo number "2" to muslin bag using a gold binder clip.
Your frame is now ready to enjoy! This can be given as a gift or used
to brighten up a room!