Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What inspires you?

Last month I traveled to Arizona to work the CK convention for Epiphany Crafts. While I was there I saw this cute Ewok shirt at PacSun. I knew Matthew would go nuts over this shirt because it is two things he really loves - Star Wars and skateboarding.

Unfortunately they do not sell kids sizes at PacSun, and the smallest size they had available was a Mens Large.
When I got home I told Matthew all about the shirt and he talked me into going online to see if we could order it for him. We were able to find it in a Mens small, so we ordered it. He loves the shirt and is so happy with it.

The shirt inspired me to make a 'Star Wars' themed birthday card.



I used Epiphany Crafts shape studio tool to make an epoxy out of a Star Wars image found in a Pottery Barn catalog. I used the round 14mm epoxy, vintage setting and felt flower (all from Epiphany Crafts).
Here is a close up of the embellishment.


I think this card would be cute for anyone who has a Star Wars fan in their house, I really like how it came out.

1 comment:

  1. yay for starwars!! okay, i'm a dork!

    love the card, gina!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete