Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I hope you sing

Hi friends,
I hope that your Wednesday is off to a great start. I have been running around trying to finish last minute extra projects for the WOW powders booth at CHA. Only 2 days till I leave - I am getting excited, can you tell?

I wanted to share with you a card that was recently published in Create: Vintage Idea book 2012 by Northridge publishing that came out earlier this month.

I hope you sing card:


And here it is in print:

I always get so excited to see my work in print. And I love being able to showcase products from companies that I love and design for. For this card I used papers from Authentique's Blissful collection, and the round 25 shape studio tool from Epiphany Crafts. Funny story about my card - did you notice the silver button? My dog distressed it for me. I was sitting around the table scrapping with friends and I noticed that my button was missing. My dog Lilo was sitting under the table and I could hear her chewing on something. So I checked to see what was in her mouth and it was my missing button. The funny thing is that I actually liked the way the button looked more after it was distressed, it was to shiny before and she gave it a distressed look that was perfect for my vintage card. I have to give her credit for that, so thanks Lilo.
That's it for today, I am going to finish up some CHA projects and I will be back tomorrow to show you what I have been working on for the show.

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Gina! Congratulations on the publication. Northridge always does an amazing job showcasing the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and cute story about the button!
    Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aewsome news and the card is amazing!! Have a wonderful time at CHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! congrats. it looks great. :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ps: hope you're getting rested up from the show.

    ReplyDelete