Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Illustrated Faith | Lead Me To The Cross

This is a personal blog.  All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of  http://www.illustratedfaith.com/  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Illustrated Faith to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.


I would like to share a new bible journaling page with you today that was shared on the Illustrated Faith blog, inspired by one of my favorite songs "Lead Me To The Cross" by Hillsong.




This song is so inspirational, and it brings tears to my eyes every time that I hear it, for I am reminded of God's love.  If you are familiar or unfamiliar with the song the lyrics go "Lead me to the cross where your love poured out, bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down..."  I could actually go on and on about this song, but the words "Lead me to the cross where your love poured out" always stops me in my tracks, no matter what I am doing at the time, or how busy that I am.  Those lyrics bring a certain humility back to me as I am reminded of God's love and his love for us.  



There are many times in the bible where the words lead me come up.  I decided to do my bible journaling on Psalm 139:10 "Even there your hand shall lead me, and our right hand shall hold me."  We cannot see God, but he can see us.  If we stop and take a moment in our busy lives and ask for guidance we will see that God is giving us subtle hints along the way, and leading us in the way that we should go.  In times of comfort he is holding us, another symbol of God's true love for us.



Supplies: Illustrated Faith by Bella Blvd Big & Bold Hey Sugar Sugar Stickers, Illustrated Faith Homespun Alphas, Illustrated Faith Thankful Printable, Illustrated Faith by Bella Blvd Grace .25 Washi Tape, Illustrated Faith by Bella Blvd Whatever Is Lovely 3x4 paper, Bella Blvd Dots Bell Pepper, Bella Blvd Doodads Oreo Black, Illustrated Faith by Bella Blvd Precision Pen, Bella Blvd Bold & Beautiful 12x12 Alphabet Stickers, Bella Blvd Fruit Punch 12x12 Alphabet Stickers, Bella Blvd Rainy Day 12x12 Alphabet Stickers, Illustrated Faith Gratitude Documented Stamps, Crossway ESV Journaling Bible Single Column, Liquitex Basics Cadmium Yellow, American Carousel Pink Acrylic Paint, Martha Stewart Deep Sea Acrylic Paint, FolkArt Patina Acrylic Paint, Craftsmart Gray Chalkboard Paint, Folk Art Wicker White Acrylic Paint, StazOn Black dye based ink pad


No comments:

Post a Comment