Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October memories

Hi everyone,
Happy Wednesday. I just got the kids off to school and I am headed to the gym. Going to take a gentle yoga class today. But first, I am up on the Bella BLVD blog today and want to share my project with you :)

October memories layout:


I just adore the colors and patterns in the Thankful collection. They are perfect for documenting Fall days and trips to the pumpkin
patch. I started my layout by tracing a wave pattern on cardstock then I used it as a template to cut out my pattern papers and
piece together my background. I used my sewing machine to stitch each section down. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the tree
and stitched it with embroidery floss.

I added in chipboard icons from the Ciao Chip Thankful collection and hand cut the leaves and pumpkin from the cute cuts paper.
To add dimension, I folded some of the leaves in half and added some embroidery stitching before gluing them down.
I finished off my layout by adding a blessings flag from the Thankful flags 2 collection and some High five alphas.
supplies:
Thankful collection: Our Spot paper, Turkey Tracks paper, Burlap paper, Perfect Day paper,
Cute cuts paper, Alpha +Bits stickers: scallop border sticker, Just Write Journaling stickers: October Memories,
Ciao Chip: chipboard icons: Thankful
Cardstock stickers: High Five alphabets: Green High Fives
Flags: Thankful Flags 2
Button market: outdoors button, fruit punch button


3 comments:

  1. Awesome page, Gina! I love the stitching and wavy background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LO!! And I adore the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page~love the design, so different!!!

    ReplyDelete