Thursday, October 25, 2012

scrapbooking those with special needs...


Hi everyone, Happy Thursday! We are getting closer to the weekend, YEAH!

The new November/December issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine is out

Have you seen it? It is packed full of inspiration.

I have a two page layout in this issue.

Here is a small peek of my layout titled "One Brave Soldier" which can be found on page 46 of the mag.
This layout is very special to me. The call was for scrapbooking your loved ones with special needs. I wrote about my husbands struggle with combat PTSD from fighting in Afghanistan, his exceptional service (receiving a Bronze star medal) and getting through as a family day by day. I am incredibly lucky to have him as my husband and to have him here with me. It took me a long time to be able to get to the point of talking about our struggles and to be able to get them down on paper, so creating this layout was very therapeutic and beneficial to me. And a good reminder of what I have to be thankful for.

Thanks for letting me share!

Have a wonderful day friends


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pub, Gina! This looks like an incredible tribute and a very touching layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I can't wait to see it, and what a special page! A very special tribute to your dh and what he has to go through for protecting our freedoms! Hugs! And congrats on the pub!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the pub, and so glad you were able to get thru this!! Thank you to your husband for his service!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that he struggles, what an honor that he served for our protection! Nice layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's inspiring that you scrapbook about what's close to your heart Gina !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks for sharing something so special Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Gina! congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete