Monday, December 9, 2013

Button Tree Frame Tutorial with American Crafts!


 Hi everyone!

Good morning!  I'm back to share another holiday project that I made for American Crafts - this time in the form of a button tree frame. 
GinaLideros_buttonFrame (1)Supplies: This to That Foam Tab Circles (AMF617-09) - Adhesive, Epoxy Button Brads (683247) - Bundled Up, Adhesive Layered Resin Flowers (366203) - Polka Dot Party, Epoxy Wood Buttons (78090) - Happy Birthday, Epoxy Wood Buttons (96604) - With Love, Fabric & Epoxy Brads (96532) - Happy Birthday, Sequins and Buttons (95300) - Christmas, Bow Embellishments (95303 - Christmas 


1. Gather a frame, burlap fabric, paint, adhesive, and an assortment of your favorite American Crafts buttons, brads, and sequins.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_1

2. Paint the frame and set it aside to dry. Even though I loved the pink frame that I had on hand, I decided that a nice, crisp white frame would fit with my Christmas decor better.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_2

3. Measure the inside of the frame (mine was 4x6). Trim a piece of cardstock or cardboard to that size. Adhere burlap fabric to it and trim off any excess.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_3
4. Trace around the edge of a tree-shaped die cut with a pencil onto the burlap fabric. You could use any holiday-themed shaped - a snowflake, reindseer, Santa hat... get creative!
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_4
5. Arrange buttons and brads and adhere them to the burlap fabric inside your traced shape. I found that it is easiest to start with the bigger shapes first.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_5

6. Next, fill in any extra space you may have with smaller buttons and sequins. The American Crafts Christmas line (small buttons and sequins) sold exclusively at Target worked perfectly for this.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_6

7. Top off the button Christmas tree with a bow and insert the burlap into the frame.
GinaLideros_buttonFrame_7
8. All finished and ready to display or give as a fun gift!
GinaLideros_buttonFrame
 


 
 Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope I have inspired you to create your own button
frame!
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. So pretty and so creative, Gina. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! A really nice idea - I´ll try it with my kids actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet!! Love the bow at the top..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome home decor piece, Gina!! Love what you did with the frame and the cute Christmas tree you created with the buttons and brads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I have so many buttons and brads I could use for a project like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the contrast of the white and dark canvas too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!!! A great idea for a gift!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete