Monday, February 15, 2016

Elle's Studio | Cut File Highlight


Hi everyone, I would like to share with you a cut file highlight that I created for Elle's Studio this month using their exclusive February cut files paired with the Thankful collection and their February kit.




I really loved the heart in this month's cut file set. I ungrouped it from the set and placed it into a new document in my Silhouette Studio software.  I repeated the pattern several times, by using the copy + paste option.  I started by using the heart cut file at the original size and then increased it, each time I duplicated a new line on my page.





I loaded white cardstock into my machine and cut all of my heart pieces.




Next, I backed heart cut file pieces with different pattterned papers from the Joyful and Thankful collections. I arranged cut file hearts with patterned papers across a white cardstock page.  Then I used a mini stapler to staple many of the embellishments down. Next, I added bits and pieces from the February kit + extras across my page.  Next, I splashed white paint and black ink across the page.  I then printed a small wallet sized black and white photo and adhered it to the page.





I finished off my design  by using a sewing machine and white thread to sew down several of the embellishments throughout the page.  









No comments:

Post a Comment