Thursday, June 5, 2014

May DEBATE TEAM Layouts for The Paper Bakery

Hi Everyone,
Good Morning!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day today.  I have a few layouts to share with you using the really fun May DEBATE TEAM Scrapbook Kit from The Paper Bakery.  Everytime I hear the new song "Let's Take a Selfie" I think of my teenage daughter.  She is permanently attached to her phone and is always taking 'selfies' on it.  I had these fun new photos of her taking selfies on her phone so I decided to create my first layout about it.


Let's Take A Selfie Layout

I started off my layout by using the really cool brown woodgrain paper from American Crafts that comes included in the kit (I just love that texture).  Next, I backed the vellum bow paper with some white cardstock and stitched it onto my page.  Then, I trimmed the large triangles from the Pink Paislee "Rain Boots" paper and adhered it down.  I fussy cut all the fun speech bubbles and added my embellishments (rub ons, tags, puffy stickers).



On my second layout I used the wonderful white woodgrain paper also included in the kit.  I just love that we got two really fun textured papers in the kit this month.  I added a little bit of spray mist to it and the paint picked up the texture of the woodgrain beautifully, I love the look.

Hello Darling Layout

To build my background I cut a large heart from Pink Paislee's "Rain boots" paper and then added some hand stitching around it.  I framed my photo with lots of embellishments and some fussy cut hearts.  I added some rub ons to create my title and voila my layout was done.

The coordinating embellishments and papers in the May Debate Team Scrapbook Kit this month make it easy to put together fast trendy layouts.  Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you stop by the store and pick one up today!





2 comments:

  1. Love these layouts, Gina!! The photos of your daughter on the first one are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete