On Thursday I had a tutorial up on the American Crafts blog on how to make these altered cookie cutters.
Supplies: Christmas 6X6
Paper Pad (97198) - Patterned Paper; Adhesive Layered Embellishments -
Gingermint (366107) - Details, Die Cut Cardstock Shapes - Figgymint
(366108) - Bits, Dimensional Stars - Jinglemint (366110)- Remarks,
Christmas Sequins and Buttons (95300) - Buttons, Decorated Clothespins -
Hollymint (366115) - Whittles, Decorative Tape (95306), Decorative Tape
The dimensional embellishments in the Peppermint Express collection helped bring these altered cookie cutters to life. They would make a great neighbor gift paired with cookies, or cute decoration for around the house.
1. Gather American Crafts supplies and star-shaped cookie cutters.
2. Arrange cookie cutters on top of patterned paper, trace, and cut. Using liquid glue, adhere the papers to the cookie cutters.
3. Adhere sequins and buttons to inside bottom of cookie cutters. Adhere fancy trims to the outside.
4. Tie two ribbons into bows, attach wooden clothespins, and adhere them to top of the cookie cutters.
5. Make flags out of toothpicks, wooden spools, patterned paper, and washi tape. Tie on baker's twine.
6. Finish by adhering flags, die cuts, and stickers.
All finished! These would make great decorations for around the house or cute little gifts to give to neighbors and teachers.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today! Thanks for stopping by!
Such a cute and fun idea!! Love how these came out!ReplyDelete
I love these, Gina! A new favorite project idea! What an awesome way to use the star shaped cookie cutters and you gave them such a fun look with the great embellishing!ReplyDelete