Hi friends, I had a fun Halloween tutorial up on the American Crafts blog earlier this week that I can't wait to share with you!
I created this simple Halloween decor setup without breaking the bank by using several pieces that I found at the dollar store (chipboard sign, chipboard houses, decorative skulls) and adding in a few items that I already had around the house (apothecary jars, scrapbook supplies) to create a look that is sure to spook
Supplies: Haunted Hallow (368904) - 12x12 Paper Pad, Haunted Hallow (368675) - Die Cut Cardstock Pieces, Halloween (97140) - Star Stickers, Halloween (97138) - Decorative Tape, Haunted Hallow (368677) - Remarks Cardstock Stickers, Halloween (97146) - Epoxy Stickers, To That (AM617-13) - Adhesive, This To That (368185) - Adhesive Foam Dots, This To That (61754) - .05 Double Sided Super Sticky Red Tape, Cut Up (AC64200) - Scissors 5", DIY Shop (366868) - Black Chalkboard Paint, Premium Ribbon (366305) - 24 Pack Basics Hemp Black, We R Memory Keepers (71045) - Brad Setter & Piercing Tool
1. Apply black chalkboard paint to large chipboard sign. Set aside to dry.
2. Cut "Something Wicked" title with Silhouette Studio. Ink edges with chalk ink. Adhere to Chipboard sign and add star stickers. Finish by stringing sign with hemp string.
3. I found these cute little chipboard houses at the dollar store and thought that they would look great with Haunted Hallow papers. Use a ruler and a pencil to measure all sides and top. Cut out papers and adhere with super sticky tape.
4. Embellish houses by adding stickers, decorative tape, and die cuts.
5. Using a manual or electronic die cut machine cut out bats of various sizes and patterns.
6. Use a piercing tool to pierce a hole at the end of each of the bat wings and then string with hemp twine.
7. Finish decor set up by adding label stickers to apothecary jars and bringing in other Halloween items that you have on hand.
thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my spooky tutorial!