This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://americancrafts.typepad.com/. I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
Summer is a busy time for our family, this summer daybook from the Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy collection is perfect for helping us check off our "to do list" and staying organized.
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370134) - Spiral Bound 52 Week Journal, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370108) - Washi Tape Book, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370109) Metal Rimmed Tags, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370091) - Accents & Phrases W/ Glossy Accents, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370096) - Plastic Glitter Bows, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370099) - Ephemera W/ Gold Foil, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370077) - Acetate Transparency Darling, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370087) - Accents & Phrases Foiled Chipboard, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370088) - Confetti Hearts Colorful Chipboard Thickers, Dear Lizzy Fine And Dandy (370089) - Woodland Gold Foiled Foam, #Summer (366963) - Journaling & Phrases, #Summer (366968) - Acrylic Shapes Ice Cream,
1. Begin by choosing the products you would like to use in the album. I used the Fine and Dandy collection and #Summer collections. I start by getting everything ready and laying out my supplies before adhering them down. Adhere two strips of washi tape down and then layer the title on top. Use a sewing machine to stitch down the title.
2. Create a tab with washi tape on the "Today I Will" page, and staple down. Lay out title before gluing down. Add stickers, acrylic camera shape and phrase stamp to pages.
3. Next, I put together a page for Summer Birthday's. I thought the "currently Makes Me Happy" page and the calendar next to it was perfect for Birthday's. Adhere chipboard pieces to page and staple down. Adhere a small envelop and tuck in a small metal rimmed tag.
4. Staple on a pair of acrylic sunglasses to the "Best Days Ever" page, stamp a phrase underneath. Adhere a square photo overlay to adjoining page. Decorate with chipboard piece and stickers.
5. Next, adhere a 4x6 photo overlay frame to "favorite books" page with a strip of washi tape. Adhere cherry wood veneer sticker piece. Staple typewriter ephemera piece to adjoining page. Tear a strip of washi, and adhere underneath. Add cork sticker and star sticker to page.
6. Create a tab with washi tape and staple down on "Places I want to Travel to" page. Stamp phrase stamp just below title. Embellish by adding road trip wood veneer piece and acrylic sunglasses. Trim a piece of acetate transparency and adhere to adjoining page with washi tape. Use a sewing machine to stitch in place. Layer title and ephemera pieces.
7. Last, adhere ephemera to page, stamp page with phrase stamp. Adhere a small strip
of washi tape across the bottom of the page and staple down with mini stapler.
Finish by adhering plastic bow.
I hope this tutorial has inspired you to create your own Summer daybook. I still have some
empty pages to fill and will fill them as we check off things on our Summer to do list!
I am just *swooning* over your project here!ReplyDelete
This album is so cute Gina! Great way to document Summer!ReplyDelete