Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Autumn Splendor Party


Fall is my absolute favorite season!  I love the crisp cool weather, the fall colors, leaves, pumpkins, and staying in and bundling up.  To kick off the new fall season, I decided to throw a party for close family and friends.  The new craft party kit from Pink Paislee, helped to bring my whole party together.  The craft party kit is so pretty already by itself, so I did not need to add a lot to it.  I loved these gold glittered place cards (included in the kit), I used a gold medium point chalk marker made by American Crafts to add messages to my cards.




We picked up a strawberry pound cake from our local bakery for the party,  It was so pretty and picture perfect!!  I wish I could take all the credit for it, but I'm not a baker, so store bought it is! Behind the cake is this beautiful gold banner included in the party craft kit and gold confetti, which is a must have for any party.




Also in the Party Craft Kit were these sweet treat bags.  I filled these babies with Halloween candy, it is a fall party after all, and what is a party without candy?




I love chalk art, and happened to have these two chalkboards on hand to decorate.  My handwriting is not pretty, and I have no clue how to do pretty chalk art designs free hand, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret of mine.  It's kind of cheating actually.... 




When I am looking for pretty chalk art titles to display, I always check the Silhouette Design store for pre-made design titles or create my own.  The two titles that you see above, I happened to find in the Silhouette store.  I measure the size that I need (for the smaller chalkboard, my title measured about 5"x5" for the larger chalkboard my design measured about 12"x12").  Next I cut the design out of spare cardstock (any cardstock or patterned paper that you have lying around will work for this).  I then used the cut as a template to fill in my chalk art.  I used American Crafts permanent chalk marker pens to then fill in the design.   




Also, included in the party kit are some really beautiful table settings that read "Bon Appetit",  I love how simple and pretty they are.  The simple gold confetti design matched my decorations and completed the table settings.




Here is a look at the full party setup and how everything goes together!  A fall party to remember for sure!  The cake was a big hit!  I wish I had more photos of it, but it went pretty fast!








Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my post, and have gathered information to create your own fall party!















1 comment: