Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pink Paislee | Halloween Cards

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.


Hello there!  Happy Halloween week Pink Paislee fans!  I have a couple of fun Halloween cards to share with you to set the mood!
Halloween is my all time favorite holiday!  I love the fall weather, the decorating, the colors, the costumes and of course the candy!!  I would like to share with you today a couple of cards that I made for the occasion!
@pinkpaislee #pinkpaislee @gina_lideros #ppcedarlane #ppMemorandum # ppBellaRouge #halloweencards

The first card that I created is a house shaped card, that I cut using my Silhouette cameo.  I used paper from the Bella Rouge collection.  To add detail to my card, I cut a couple of bats out of black cardstock and added them to card.  I then sprinkled white spray mist across the card.  I added a couple of loose threads and some enamel dots from the Crate Paper After Dark collection.  The gold puffy stars are from the Memorandum collection.
@pinkpaislee #pinkpaislee @gina_lideros #ppcedarlane #ppMemorandum # ppBellaRouge #halloweencards
I hand painted the letter "H" with white paint and added it to my card, with a bit of black tulle behind it.  I will show you how I did this in the steps below.  I handpicked the letter "H" and the numbers "31" from the Bella Rouge collection. I used a foam paint brush and some white folk art paint to transform them.  I thought the initial colors and design of the letter/numbers would have been perfect for Halloween, but I wanted them to stand out against my chosen striped background papers.
@pinkpaislee #pinkpaislee @gina_lideros #ppcedarlane #ppMemorandum # ppBellaRouge #halloweencards

To do this, I first dabbed a little bit of white paint on to my foam brush and then lightly stroked on white paint to my letter H and numbers 31.  I purposely did not cover them completely, because I wanted to give them a little bit of a distressed look.  Set aside your chosen letters/numbers to dry and then adhere to your cards!  This is a great way to customize them and give them a "homemade" look!
@pinkpaislee #pinkpaislee @gina_lideros #ppcedarlane #ppMemorandum # ppBellaRouge #halloweencards
@pinkpaislee #pinkpaislee @gina_lideros #ppcedarlane #ppMemorandum # ppBellaRouge #halloweencards
I hope you have a Happy Halloween!



SIGGIES_Small_GINA LIDEROS

2 comments:

  1. I really like your unique take on Halloween, especially the non use of traditional orange. Great job!

    ReplyDelete