Tuesday, June 16, 2015

American Crafts | Scrap Room Tour

Last week on the American Crafts blog, the design team shared where they create.  Today, I would like to share photos of my studio with you!

My scrap room is my happy place.  I call it my "creative cave".  I love that I have my own space and can relax and create here.



My large Expedit bookcase from Ikea holds a lot of my scrapbooking items.  The large cloth basket inserts are big enough to hold 12x12 paper.  This is where I store my American Crafts cardstock, adhesive, albums, embellishments and more!  Next to my bookcase is a basket overfilled with an assortment of punches.  Above is a large chalkboard framed sign with the inspirational words "You Were Made to Make a Difference"




My husband built me this large desk last year, this is where I do most of my creating.  It has lots of storage with 18 baskets total (9 on the right side and 9 on the left side).  This is where I store my camera equipment, ink and photo paper, ribbons, paints and more.  On top of my desk I keep two large craft mats from American Crafts.  I love that they match the color of my room and they help keep my white desk clean.  Above, my desk is a large chalkboard calendar that I sometimes use for keeping track of assignments.  In the corner is a large cabinet from Ikea.  I use it to store full collections and miscellaneous
items.  


On top of my bookcase, I store some of my American Crafts embellishments in a wire two tiered basket.  


I found this large distressed patina basket at a home store.  It is perfect for storing my American Crafts Thickers.



Here is a closeup view of my bookcase, where I store some of my albums. The brown floral boxes store my American Crafts adhesive.  I also store a lot of photo props in this cabinet.



Behind my large white desk sits my sewing desk.  It used to be a closet that we converted into a work area.  My husband built the sewing table into the wall.  On top of the table sits my sewing machine, miscellaneous embellishments in jars and baskets and a spinner that I bought from the hardware store and spray painted blue.  It holds my spray mists, paints, buttons and other embellishments.  Above the desk is a shelf with three large baskets.  I store fabric and other items here.




Your Favorite time of day to scrap?  I'm a night owl at heart, I get most of my creating done late at night when everyone else is sleeping.
How long do you usually sit down and create?  It depends, on the detail of the project.  It usually takes me anywhere between 1 hour to 2 hours to finish a project.  Because my computer sits on top of my desk, I sometimes get caught up watching a show on Netflix, then it takes me much longer. 
What is your favorite scrapbooking tool?  My Silhouette Cameo is my best friend, I use it constantly on projects.  My second favorite would be a tie between punches and my sewing machine.
How long have you been scrapping?  I started back in 1996 when there wasn't much but stickers and decorative borders.  I love that scrapbooking has evolved so much since then.
Do you have a favorite method of storage? I love my Expedit bookcase and my desk.  Also, I love my raskog cart from Ikea.
Do you ever purge your supplies?  If so, how often?  Yes, every year I go through and donate to a friend or organization or hold a yard sale.
Is this your dream space or do you have ideas for something else?  I love my scrap room, it is functional and organized, and flows nicely.  The two main things that I would like to change is to put in new flooring (carpet doesn't agree with messy paints) and the wall color.  I see a honey do list in the works.




1 comment:

  1. Your space is gorgeous Gina!! Love all of the storage you have!

    ReplyDelete