Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Cut Shoppe | Hello Summer Love

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://americancrafts.typepad.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.





Hi everyone!   I have a new layout to share with you today for The Cut Shoppe using the free Newsletter (Summer Love) cut file and the Bitty Borders cut file


Here's my layout:



I'm in love with that Summer Love cut file.  I knew right away when I saw it, that I just had to use it right away.  To create my layout, I actually cut the Summer Summer Summer Love title twice.  The first cut was the full title and then I trimmed off the bottom (love) piece.  The second cut I only cut the word "Love" from white cardstock paper.  I then placed the "Summer Summer Summer" title right above the love cut piece.  I placed my photo behind the love word.   To add color to my page I added watercolors on two of the Summer words and behind the title, before adhering down.  




The small circular hearts are from the Bitty Borders cut file, I simply ungrouped them and then cut them out individually and added watercolors to them.  To finish off my layout I added black spray mist, wood veneer pieces and machine stitching.



Summer Love





I hope this post has inspired you to try watercolors on a layout. It really adds a lot of color and interest!  Have a great day!



3 comments: