Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hello There, and lots of confetti.....


I recently picked up a pack of transparencies for a great deal on eBay. 100 for $1.98 plus free shipping. What the what??? Hold the phone! That is unheard of and to great of a deal for me to pass up (they sell transparency sheets at my local office supply store for a $1 each). So I snagged them up and couldn't wait to get started playing with them. Since confetti is such a big craze and has taken over the scrapbooking world, I decided it would be fun to make a tag album out of transparencies and fill them full of confetti.


Hello There Mini Tag Book

I started off making my mini tag album by using my Silhouette Cameo to cut 8 tags out of transparency paper. Then I started punching confetti. This is the fun part and somewhat time consuming. I used the Swiss Cheese border punch by EK Success to make most of my confetti.
I also cut a few larger confetti circles with my Silhouette Cameo.

I used papers and embellishments from the Ready Set Go collection from Amy Tangerine.

This 6x6 paper pad was perfect for this project!

I started putting together my tag pages by putting two cut transparency tags together, sandwiching in some confetti, then sewing them closed around the edges using my sewing machine. This was the tricky part and lots of confetti kept slipping few.


I found that it was easiest to sew each tag page 75% closed then funnel in the confetti before sewing it completely shut.


This tag book came together so quickly after that. I just added a few small pictures and embellishments.

Oh, I almost forgot, I added in some sequins too. Because you just gotta have sparkle!

To finish it off, I used a jump ring and some cute yellow jute from American Crafts.

So fun and easy! I hope you make one too!

6 comments:

  1. this is SO totally COOL--LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative, Gina. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it G! I am in Awe of your creativity! I alway adore your work and am jealous of your mad skills! xo Tori

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute, Gina!! Love how you used the confetti trend in the transparent tags! And that definitely was an awesome deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun idea!! love this Gina..x

    ReplyDelete